Alzheimer’s disease is characterized by progressive loss of memory and cognitive performance leading eventually to dementia. Patients have decreased cognition, loss of attention, perception, progressive memory loss, poor attention span, lack of emotional control, inappropriate sexual behavior, poor judgment and reasoning, hallucinations, delusions, failure to recognize close friends and family members and gradual deterioration of intellect.
Neuronal and synapse loss may occur throughout the brain involving the basal forebrain cholingergic system, amygdale, hippocampus and several cortical areas. Current therapy is treatment with acetylcholinesterase inhibitors to enhance cholinergic function which gives only partial and temporary alleviation of the symptoms.
The discovery of stem cells has given rise to the hope that a more specific form of treatment could be offered for Alzheimer’s. Although there are niches and reservoirs of stem cells in the brain the numbers are not enough to restore normal neurological function.
Our Treatment Details
Stem Cell Genetic Med treatment consists of the following:
- Neurogenesis – stimulation of niches of the patient’s own stem cells in the brain with oral and injectable agents.
- Neuron stem cells extracted from umbilical cord blood mixed with brain neuropeptide (BDNF), neurotrophins (NT), nerve cell factor(NEF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and glial derived growth factor (GDGF) given intrathecally into the spinal canal and central nervous system.
- Patients will receive agents administered into glymphatic system the brain to reduce or eliminate tau protein and amyloid plus misfolded proteins.
- Post treatment neurogenesis with oral and injectable agents to stimulate niches of stem cells in the brain, the exogenous neuron stem cells derived from umbilical cord blood, and nerve cell growth factors are administered into the central nervous system.
- Post treatment patients use a external forehead cap brain stimulator twenty minutes per day.
- hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Brain diet and supplements
The sadness of seeing a bright energetic individual slowly progress into the depths of progressive brain deterioration is a devastating situation affecting the patient and entire family. Families should consider and discuss the above treatments with their neurologist and with our physicians at Stem Cell Genetic Med.